Member Services Associate (MSA)
American Council of Engineering Companies of New York (ACEC New York)
6 Airline Drive, Albany, NY 12205
The Member Services Associate (MSA) is responsible for all administrative tasks relating to the Member Services Department, including all functions related to membership and meetings/programs. This position works directly with the Vice President of Member Services (VPMS) and the Director of Member Services (DMS) to complete all operations of the department. This position reports directly to the VPMS.
The position is non-exempt and eligible for overtime in accordance with our personnel policies. Hours for this position are 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM with one hour for lunch. Some travel is required.
Overall Responsibilities Include:
- Provide administrative support for all systems and procedures to carry out the strategic plan of the MS department
- Work with VPMS to develop pricing to adhere to budgets and sponsorship projections related to MS Department
- Work with VPMS and committees to create strategies for member recruitment, retention and engagement
- Work with VPMS to produce all aspects of meetings, programs and events (MP&E), including on-site support
- Support department committees and overall association staff as needed
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Update prospect database for monthly committee reports
- Updating membership files and database profiles, including communicating all changes to staff
- Distribute membership recruitment material to prospects
- Assist with the collection of membership dues, including generating and sending invoices, recording payments and preparing dues reports
- Maintain list of at-risk firms and create member involvement tracking sheet
- Support for Membership Committee as needed
- Work with the Department of Marketing and Communications on the annual print directory
- Provide administrative support for and attend all statewide MP&E associated with the MS Department
- Three (3) statewide conferences
- Emerging Leaders quarterly events
- CFO bi-annual events
- Board of Directors meetings
- Annual leadership institute
- Educational seminars (PDH webinars, Doing Business with…)
- Manage online/on-site MP&E event registrations
- Manage and track all invoicing related to MP&E, including sponsorships
- Administer the facilitation of the continuing education program, including coordinating all course evaluations
- Assist in sales of sponsorship and continuing education programs
- Provide support for the Continuing Education Committee, along with the DMS
- Provide additional on-site assistance as needed
- Provide administrative support for the development of all events related to producing the annual Engineering Excellence Awards, including the annual Gala and judging
- Review the EEA preliminary entries for accuracy and eligibility
- Collect final entries, including organizing and entering data and distributing materials to judges and moderators
- Assist DMS with plaque and award orders, including communications with firms
- Provide administrative support to the EEA Committee, with a focus on achieving annual sponsorship/attendance goal
- Attend and assist in set-up and breakdown of EEA event
- ACEC New York is a small association and as such all staff needs to be flexible and be available to perform whatever tasks necessary for the success of programs and activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (work experience in an association a plus)
- Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with YourMembership or other database/CMS software a plus.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and move projects forward
- Organized and detail oriented
- Valid NYS driver’s license required
ACEC New York is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary is $42k per year. ACEC New York provides a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability and life insurance, paid leave (15 days in year 1 and 20 days thereafter) and a 10% 401k contribution on top of salary. Start date is anticipated for July 2019.
ACEC New York offers staff members the option of summer hours, which allow staff to work a 4-day work week for the months of July and August. The schedule is adjusted to allow for some reduction of hours with full pay during that time.
Submissions are requested by June 21, 2019. Send cover letter and resume to Gina Potfora at firstname.lastname@example.org.