All speakers for ACEC New York are asked to abide by the Speaker Code of Conduct. By agreeing to speak at an ACEC New York event, they agree to:
- Behave in an ethical and civil manner, including not using offensive and/or derogatory language (including possibly off-color humor, religious and/or controversial statements, etc.), treating the audience and my fellow speakers (if applicable) with respect, not divulging confidential information, and overall providing a presentation that reflects well on me as a speaker and on ACEC New York as an organization.
- Present only information that is factual and on which I am authorized to speak. I will not include any information in my presentation that directly endorses or “sells” a product to the audience.
- Provide a copy of my presentation and/or any other handouts or materials at least three (3) days in advance of my scheduled speaking engagement.
- Arrive on time and prepared for my presentation.
- Allow ACEC New York to photograph and/or record my presentation for use in their promotional efforts unless specifically stated otherwise.
- Notify ACEC New York of any delays or other issues with my arrival or presentation in a timely manner so alternative plans can be made.